What it costs to keep the Team running
24 hours a day and 365 days a year
It costs nearly £16,000 per year just to keep the team running. This includes:
- Keeping our two vehicles on the road
- Team liability and accident insurance
- Licences for specialist software used to plan and manage searches
- Mandatory Search and Rescue organisational subscriptions
- Training our volunteer members
- Maintaining and replacing essential kit and equipment
Please note Team members receive no expenses or benefits and are currently even required to buy their own personal kit including weatherproof clothing, walking boots, torches and rucksack.
DONATIONS & SPONSORSHIP
HOW YOU CAN HELP US ...
If you’d like to make a donation or are interested in sponsoring the Team in some way, please visit the ‘Help us’ page. Or you can donate here:
Or text MONSAR 5 to 70085 to donate £5. This costs £5 plus a std rate message. Alternatively, you can opt to give any whole amount up to £20 (MONSAR 1 - MONSAR 20).